As the seasons change, our health needs change. With cooler, damper weather ahead and shorter days beginning, one of our favorite herbal treats is fresh ginger, lemon and honey tea (see below). Warming and invigorating, this delightful beverage eases the painful aggravations many people feel with cooler seasons.
Ginger Lemon Honey Tea
1. Fill a pot with 1-2 quarts water and grate 1-2 teaspoons of fresh ginger root.
2. You can leave the peel on if you want, it's a gentle diuretic.
3. Bring the water to a boil, put a lid on and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Let cool to drinking temperature.
5. Pour yourself a mug, add fresh squeezed lemon juice and honey to taste.
6. Store any left over tea in a mason jar in the fridge for up to a week.
Keep this recipe in mind if you feel chilled or achy due to cold and damp.
Remember, this is the time to start taking elderberry syrup before going out to public places. Elderberry helps prevent and treat colds and flu. Its broad spectrum efficacy and safety for people of all ages makes it a tried and true favorite for staying well even when those around you aren’t. We have elderberry syrups available in the clinic. We have a variety of herbal products to help keep you healthy and feeling your best.